Below, you’ll find a selection of our favorite links from the past week in the areas of Email Marketing, Social Media Marketing, SEM, SEO, and anything else that tickles our fancy. Many of these have also been retweeted by us at @fluencymedia, so follow us there for the latest updates.
Now on to the links!
- An unofficial survey has the iPhone coming out on top as the smartphone of choice in our office, but will its dominance last? No way, according to one study.
- Have you read Delivering Happiness? In it, Zappos CEO Tony Hsieh describes the origins of the company and his business philosophy. He touches on how poker strategy has played a large role in the development of his personal business strategy, so we found it interesting that Internet entrepreneur @neilpatel recently tweeted this Intro to Poker Tournament Strategy link. Great minds must think alike. Now where did we put that deck of cards…
- We admit that, like many marketers, we’ve fallen for the siren’s call of the stock photo. But this article on how consumers react differently to stock images vs. images of real people definitely got us thinking about the power of the pic in online marketing.
- It seemed fitting that the best recap we found of day one of the AdAdage Digital Conference was this roundup of 75 tweets from the event.
- Speaking of conferences, we loved this quote from this week’s Social 2011 Conference in Boston (found via @armano). “Our homepage isn’t Dell.com-it’s Google & anywhere the conversations about us are.”
- And Dell wasn’t the only company whose online marketing savvy caught our attention. An interview with Overstock.com shows that the online retailer is not just a great site to find a dining room set, it’s also a company that gets social media right.
- Is it possible to tell a great story on Twitter? We say, yes! Absolutely. We tell great stories for our clients all the time, but the master of brevity is Hemingway, whose six-word story still gives us chills.
Have you seen a great link lately? Share it in the comments, or better yet, tweet us!